A brilliant opportunity to become an Apprentice for a busy Doctors Surgery in the South West.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Processing New patient registrations
Computer data inputting; processing and recording information in line with Practice protocols
Retrieve and make telephone calls as required.
To develop excellent working knowledge of the systems and software used
By the practice (SystmOne).
Provide front of house reception services
Making and receiving telephone calls
Processing prescription requests
Scanning and filing patient correspondence
Retreive and re- file medical records as required
Carrying out tasks and requests from GPs, Nurses and other members of the team plus other Reception duties that may become necessary during the placement.
Special Requirements of the Post:
· An understanding, acceptance and complete adherence to the need for strict patient confidentiality either verbally, with written information or when using any computer data.
· The post-holder will assist in promoting their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health and Safety Policy.
· To make sure that all Information Governance regulations are upheld, including data protection.
· An ability to use one’s own judgement, enthusiasm, resourcefulness and common sense to help resolve problems.
· To represent the practice and partnership in a positive light
· Common sense and the ability to work alone to carry out stated tasks and objectives.
· To maintain a good standard of appearance as befits the high standards of the medical centre.
· Develop good working knowledge of clinical data systems, including the use of the read code system to ensure patient data accuracy and consistency.
· Strong team working skills whilst retaining a flexible approach to working.
· An ability to work on own initiative with speed and accuracy to respond to patients enquiries and requests.
· Excellent communication/organisational skills.
· Flexibility with hours and days worked.
· Ability to be flexible and a willingness to accept and contribute to change within the Practice.
· A willingness to undertake further training relevant to the post
Our Doctors offer a wide range of services, supported by nursing, reception and secretarial staff. The practice has its own team of District Nurses who visit patients in their own homes to assess needs and carry out appropriate nursing care. We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery and childhood vaccinations.