Do I need to bring my own tools to complete one of PGL Training's Construction Courses?

No – All tools and equipment for all our plumbing courses, electrical training, carpentry training, renewable energy training courses, gas and oil training certificates and contruction training courses are provided, all we ask is that you supply your own safety footwear when entering the workshop.


Do you accept armed forces service leavers who are looking to train for a career in the contruction industry?

Yes – We are an approved provider for both the CTP and ELCAS. View our Armed Forces Resettlement Training Courses


I achieved my 16th Edition Electrical Training in 1996 which course do I need to carry out?

Anybody who achieved the 16th Edition Electrical Training Certificate prior to 2001 are required to carry out the full 17th Edition Electrical Training along with any new entrants.


How do I become Gas Safe registered?

To become Gas Safe Registered you basically have two options:

  • You can follow the traditional path of qualifying as a plumber/heating engineer by achieving the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating (G&G 6189). You are then required to produce evidence of carrying out supervised gas work with an existing Gas Safe engineer. You are then able to carry out the ACS training and assessments.
  • You can enrol on the GGFO which is new entrant’s gas engineer qualification.  Basically you attend the gas engineer training centre for four weeks of training.  You then return to site for a minimum period of ten weeks to complete an on site portfolio alongside an existing Gas Safe engineer.  You then have to attend the centre to complete your ACS assessments.


I see you are Ofsted inspected – why are not all centres inspected by Ofsted?

We offer several programmes which are funded through the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) (government funded) to enable us to receive this funding we are required to provide an excellent provision.  All our teaching staff have come from industry and gained assessors and teaching qualifications.  We are regularly monitored by our awarding bodies ie City & Guilds, BPEC, NICEIC, EAL, ERS, EDI, ConstructionSkills to make sure we are maintaining our high standards. View our OFSTED Report (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader).