Level 3 Diploma in Green Deal Domestic Advice (6066)
The Green Deal is the UK Government's flagship policy on energy efficiency in buildings. The Green Deal assessment process will make recommendations for energy efficiency improvements at a property and predict the likely energy savings were the improvements to be installed. The Assessment process is undertaken by a qualified Green Deal Advisor.
This qualification will enable the learner to become Green Deal Advisors, producing the Green Deal Assessment Report using relevant and approved software.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is designed for existing Domestic Energy Assessors or new entrants to the energy assessment industry (no previous experience is required) who wish to become Green Deal Domestic Assessors.
Candidates will cover areas such as:
- Ability to produce a Green Deal Assessment Report
- Ability to provide comprehensive energy efficiency advice to domestic or non-domestic customers
- Ability to use approved software and interpret the recommendations.
- Undertaking energy inspections
- Creating & logging energy performance certificates
- Understanding domestic energy assessment & green deal policy
- Issuing & lodging green deal assessment reports
- Knowledge to provide energy efficiency improvement advice to customers
Where might it lead?
On completion of this qualification candidates may progress into employment as a qualified Green Deal Advisor (GDA).
New entrants - 5 days training
Qualified already as DEA - 3 days training
Plus the time it takes to complete the external energy reports
Energy reports of 3 houses (1 during course & 3 while out in practice)
Online multiple-choice examination
Portfolio of practical evidence – collected while out in practice
Candidates must be aged 16 or over
Experience of the industry is beneficial, not essential.
How much does it cost?
3 day GDA course - £800+VAT
5 day DEA/GDA course - £1150+VAT